I hope you guys are having fun with this series, dropping sweat and breaking muscle! I love your check-in’s and seeing how hard you are working and how committed you are - so keep the emails and comments coming! We’re smashing right through this series together!
This workout is a Tabata as the HIIT portion, and this time we’re going back to doing 4 Tabatas straight through, followed by the strength segment. Tabata is meant to be 20 seconds of FULL intensity max, cycled off with 10 seconds of FULL rest (x8). So, go hard! Please also listen to your body and lower intensity if you need it, take rests, and also hydrate as you need it. Challenge yourself and you will see results with this! This series is designed to shred fat, define muscle, and improve your endurance and stamina. Be sure to incorporate healthy diet and lifestyle habits to supplement your hard work and help you reach your goals. Follow me on Instagram for tips!
Please check in and say 'hello' on Facebook, Instagram, and here ! I love hearing from you!
Follow me on my other social media for workouts, fitness & health tips, motivation, & healthy meal planning.
Let’s be social!
Train. Nourish. Transform.
Ripped & Shredded: HIIT & Strength Series #5
Optional Equipment: Optional Equipment: Set of dumbbells, mat, 2 towels/plastic plates, bench or chair
Tabata 1) Heismans ALT Dumbbell cross drop jump squats
Tabata 2) Plank drag to spidey (or walking plank) (4 sets) / Squat, decline plank full Burpee
Tabata 3) Single leg Burpees w/ push up or hell-raiser (4 sets) / Jump tuck Burpees (4 sets)
Tabata 4) 4 plyo switch lunges, 2 curtsey lunges (L&R) (4 sets) / Stand-up sit-up Burpees (L&R 4 sets)
Strength (50/10 interval)
1) Reverse lunge, vertical leg lift, s. leg deadlift, o/h press w/ fwd leg extension (L)
2) Reverse lunge, vertical leg lift, s. leg deadlift, o/h press w/ fwd leg extension (R)
3) Push-up, plank rotator arm ext. (L&R)
4) Side-lunge, wide row (L&R)
5) Curtsey lunge w/ pause kick (L)
6) Curtsey lunge w/ pause kick (R)
7) Static narrow squat fly
8) Single arm row, tricep kickback (R) in a static lunge (L)
9) Single arm row, tricep kickback (L) in a static lunge (R)
10) Weighted single leg bridge lift, vertical & parallel (L)
11) Weighted single leg bridge lift, vertical & parallel
12) Pause goblet squat w/ calve raise & single arm punch
13) Bulgarian Split Squats (L)
14) Bulgarian Split Squats (R)
15) Modified single leg Dragon Flag (L)
16) Modified single leg Dragon Flag (R)
Not all exercises are suitable for everyone and this or any other exercise program may result in injury. To reduce this risk of injury, please consult your doctor before beginning this, or any other, physical fitness program. Any user of this program assumes the full risk of injury resulting from performing the routines presented within this video.